This is a 3-Day Course.
Beginning Sunday, March 31st through Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019
The Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Foundation Syllabus, is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This hands-on course provides test engineers and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools, and skills they need in order to set themselves on a path for true testing professionalism.
- Review the major test design techniques with lecture and exercises
- Methodology behind a successful testing program and covers a wide range of issues, from those related to the individual tester to those related to the testing department as a whole
- The testing process is presented, both through theory and hands-on exercises that follow an example project, including the difficult tasks of tracking and presenting tests results
- Creation of a test environment and test automation is also covered, along with system development lifecycles and how they affect testing
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course
- Instructor-led three-day course
- A set of approximately 700 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. View the materials on and/or download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Three sample Foundation Level mock exams to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
Standards for Software Testing
- Test Engineering Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Copy of the textbook "Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification"
- The exam will be offered onsite, Thursday morning, April 4th following the last day of the course with results available immediately. Alternatively, a voucher ($250 value) will be issued to be used at a Testing center.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
This course was accredited by the ASTQB August 2018. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018.
Recommended pre-reading for this Certification Workshop:
- Download/Read The Course Outline: Test Engineering Foundation Course Outline (Rev 5.0)
- Syllabus, please read: ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018
Earn 10.5 PDUs upon completion of this course.