Workshop: Techniques for Successfully Walking the Agile Testing Tight Rope
Testing in an Agile SDLC requires a balance between the User Perspective, the Developers’ needs for feedback and your Product Owners’ needs for clarity around the quality of the product.
Based on the popular STPCon 2018 presentation “Walking the Agile Testing Tight Rope”, this workshop dives into a process for choosing test cases that will help you do just that! More practice than presentation! This is a practical session where you will learn by DOING.
Note: This is NOT about a particular tool for documenting or executing tests. It’s about choosing the test cases, in the first place.
- Personas: Who ARE these people? And, how can we leverage them in testing?
- User Story Maps: What are they? Who should (or can) build them?
- User Journeys: Selecting and defining the critical journeys through your system.
- Converting Journeys to Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Dealing with Long or Complex Tests.
Exercises and feedback on:
- Building personas for your system.
- Building User Story Maps.
- Identifying important User Journeys.
- Mapping User Journeys into test cases.
- Understand the power of a Journey Map.
- Learn why this whole process is important before development even begins.
Location: Regency B
Date: April 1, 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm